The Oil and gas industry in East Africa has been buzzing with activity since several exploration companies confirmed the presence of commercially viable oil and gas in the Indian Ocean. Everett Aviation has worked hand in hand with these companies, providing invaluable support to ensure success of their operations offshore.
Our offshore crew is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Our services include:
- Ship Crew changes
- Day and Night medivac standby
- Passenger and cargo transport as required by the client.
- Anti piracy
Everett Aviation has successfully operated offshore equipped BK117 helicopters for these missions but as the demand grew they added a Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin to their fleet of helicopters.
In addition to a highly sophisticated cockpit with state of the art communication equipment, the Dauphin has offshore specific role equipment including:
- Dual roof mounted life rafts
- 3 x 406Mhz Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELT)
- Helicopter Egress Emergency Lighting System (HEELS)
- Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS)
- Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR)
- High Frequency Radio (HF)
- SAR radar
- Pop out rear windows
- Vision 1000 for HOMP/FOQA
The helicopter can also be equipped with a cargo hook and a rescue hoist as per client’s needs.
All our helicopters are equipped with a satellite based flight following equipment which provides real time position, altitude and airspeed reporting from the moment the helicopter is powered on until it’s powered off. This allows a greater level of contact and communication with ships offshore because, besides radio contact, they can also follow the helicopter’s flight activity throughout the mission.